Share this page?
Search the Site
The Combined Approach to atopic eczema is educational
The Combined Approach to atopic eczema informs and explains: it is an educational approach.
The programme of appointments uses:
- Discussion: throughout the programme a two-way exchange of information and ideas aims to motivate successful changes in behaviour.
- An illustrated hand book, in stages: provides a reference for assessment, treatment and follow-up, for discussion in clinic, and for homework.
- Additional drawn and written material: added to the handbook during clinic discussion customises programme.
- Self-recording: homework requires regular recording of progress in handbook for review in clinic.
- Self-planning, and listing of intentions: clinic discussion is followed by home application of simple principles and writing down of appropriate interventions for particular circumstances.
- Involvement of others: recruiting positive social support outside the clinic clarifies ideas and enhances commitment.
- Website reinforcement: staged online answers to frequently asked questions ensures maximum understanding and success.
- Review and revision throughout: allowing for variation in ability and difficulty, and generating a final personal follow-up plan to maintain behavioural changes.
SEE ALSO ...